South West Regional Steering Group
The main purpose of the South West Regional Steering Group was to ensure substantial local HEI engagement in seeking to identify, support, transfer and embed best practice into the core activities of HEIs.
The group: identified regional priorities for activity based upon the needs of local employers and education bases; provided awareness of the activities of others, and raised awareness of the activities of the programme amongst HEIs so that they could adopt the practices developed. A long-lasting aim of the Programme was to establish sustainable regional partnerships, led by HEIs and the professional bodies, and the Regional Spoke Steering Group acted as a mechanism for the initial creation of such a partnership.
The group was made up of the following:
- Professor Jonathan Barry, Dean of the Faculty of Taught Programmes, University of Exeter
- Dr Faith Butt Director, Division for Lifelong Learning, University of Bath
- Professor James Griffiths, Head of the School of Geography, Earth & Environmental Sciences, University of Plymouth
- Dr Frances Laughton (Chair), Regional Director, HE STEM, University of Bath
- Dr Barbara Allmark, Head of Initial Teacher Training, Marjon University
- Professor Julie Mcleod, Assistant Vice-Chancellor: Learning, Teaching and the Student Experience, University of the West of England
- Professor Bernie Morley, Pro Vice-Chancellor (Learning and Teaching), University of Bath
- Professor Jim Roach, Dean, School of Design, Engineering & Computing, Bournemouth University
- Professor David Smith, Deputy Head of Department, School of Chemistry, University of Bristol
- Dr Ruth Williams, Awards Director, Analytical Sciences, Open University